What is this form for?

Use this form to apply for mediation to resolve disputes

  • If the person has made an advance care directive and there is a disagreement about a health, accommodation or personal decision that has to be made for that person.  This includes people who have made an Enduring Power of Guardianship, a Medical Power of Attorney or an Anticipatory Direction  before July 1st 2014.
  • If a person does not have an advance care directive, but there is a disagreement about health care and/or medical treatment. This includes disputes involving children under 16 years of age.

Who can Apply?

  • the person who the decision is about (self)
  • a substitute decision- maker appointed under an advance care directive
  • If the matter relates to a child (under 16yrs) a parent or guardian of the child
  • a relative of the person
  • If the person is a patient with impaired decision making capacity in respect to a particular decision, a person responsible for the patient
  • a health practitioner giving, or proposing to give health care to the person
  • any other person who the Public Advocate assesses as having a proper interest in the life of the person and the dispute.

To download the application for mediation click here