An Administration Order allows a person to make financial, legal or property-based decisions.

Only the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT) can make an Administration Order.

No! If you can manage and have had no problems or disagreements about your informal arrangements, then there is no need for an Administration Order – you can continue to manage mum’s finances informally.

If issues arise due to privacy laws and banking requirements, you can apply for SACAT to make an Administration Order.

No! SACAT will not make orders “just in case”.

They are required to consider whether the existing informal arrangements are working okay.

You only need a Guardianship Order if there is a disagreement about decisions or decision-makers.

No! An Attorney appointed under an Enduring Power of Attorney has the same authority as an Administrator appointed by SACAT.